Since the final release of iOS 6 a couple weeks ago, Redsn0w was never capable of installing Cydia. Only way to do it was through SSH which many users had issues with. Well today we are bringing you the newly updated Redsn0w 0.9.15b1 thanks to the iPhone Dev Team.
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 3GS
- iPod Touch 4G
- Download Redsn0w 0.9.15b1 for Mac or PC in our Downloads section (also at the bottom of this page) and get your iDevice’s IPSW from our Downloads section as well.
- Plug your iDevice into Redsn0w and click Extras and then click Select IPSW and select the IPSW you downloaded.
- Navigate through the next screen by selecting whatever bundles and options apply to you.
- Now go back to the first screen in Redsn0w and click on Jailbreak.
- Enter DFU mode by holding down the power and home buttons for 5 seconds, then releasing the power button and holding the home button still for about 15 seconds.
- Once device boots back up, re-open Redsn0w and perform step 2 again.
- Click on Just boot and enter DFU mode once again as stated in step 5.
- You’re finished! Cydia should be on your device and remember, this is a tethered jailbreak. So you will need to boot the device tethered with Redsn0w every time the device dies, powers off, or reboots.
We’ve updated the download links to Redsn0w 0.9.15b2 containing bug fixes. Here!
If you have any issues, please leave a comment and someone will reply to you with a solution.
Be sure to LIKE us on Facebook, FOLLOW us on Twitter, and SUBSCRIBE to us on YouTube for more news and videos regarding jailbreaks and tech. As always, stay tuned here for more on iOS 6 and the jailbreaks regarding this firmware!